We have a number of important updates to share with you.
Current Campaign Stats:
pledged by 550 backers.
That’s 76% of our goal!
Our momentum has slowed because of two statements issued by the Prime Minister’s Office and the Israel Antiquities Authority assuring everyone that they are taking care of our project. We appreciate all the help that we can get, but unfortunately, these two statements are based on vague promises not actions, and have detrimentally affected our campaign. Everyone we have spoken to or reached out to has said, “but isn’t the government now taking care of it?”
In short, the answer is no. None of these offices have given us any concrete pledge or solution.
We need your help to share the truth of the situation and help us get the momentum of our campaign running again. So here are the facts:
- This campaign is all or nothing. According to the rules of this campaign, if we do not reach our initial target amount (250,000 NIS), your credit card will not be charged and we will not receive a single shekel that has been donated so far. That is over $50,000 that we will not see.
- The Prime Minister’s Office issued a statement saying that our problems had been resolved, but in practice, even a meeting had not yet been scheduled.
- The Antiquities Authority also issued a statement that they were searching for a solution to our problem, but we have not even been contacted to discuss this.
- Even if the government eventually steps in, they will provide support – not funding for the whole project. This will also take time we do not have before we have to close our doors.
- At this stage, we are raising the funds necessary to complete our research on the artifacts already discovered by our project.
- Only once we have funded our research will we be able to move on to our second goal which is to publish this research and then resume the sifting of the rest of the material from the Temple Mount.
- The sifting activity currently taking place at Emek Tzurim through Ir David is no longer related to our project. They are not sifting material from the Temple Mount, but rather material from various IAA excavations.
Unfortunately, and as we all know, promises are not actions. Please help us spread the word that these official statements from the different government offices are not telling the full truth of the situation.
How can we reach our goal? With YOUR help.
Please massively distribute the link to our project’s campaign to your circles of influence with an explanation of its importance and a warm recommendation to support our crowdfunding campaign.
Send it to your email list, publish it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and more.
You are the heart and motivation of the sifting and research of the heritage of the Temple Mount and for this you have our deepest thanks.
Please help us complete this process.
In Other News:
Our arrowhead replicas are ready to go (and available as gifts on our campaign website)!
NEW! Guided Tours!
June 8th – Tour the Temple Mount itself with our Director Zachi Dvira who has been studying this holy and complex site for the last 18 years. (Hebrew)
June 15th – Tour Ir David with one of its excavators. Learn the inside scoop about the history of this fantastic city. (Hebrew)
Join a tour by clicking on the appropriate gift in our crowdfunding campaign. Not only will you learn something, have a great day out on the (ancient) town, but you will do a huge mitzvah in helping our project too!
Can’t make it?
Form a group of 10+ and we can schedule a private tour in English or Hebrew.